Assisting you with Social Security Disability and SSI Applications
If you suffer from a physical injury, mental illness or medical condition that prevents you from earning income, you may qualify for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits and SSI. The process for disability benefits approval is both complex and confusing. Claims are often improperly denied. An experienced Social Security Disability claims attorney can help.
Attorney Richard Thompson has handled many Social Security Disability claims. His experience means he can help you if your claim has been denied even when your application has the proper medical documentation to meet all necessary guidelines. We also handle rejected applications for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
The internet is full of myths about the Social Security Disability process. A few of these mistruths are:
- Myth: You need a doctor to declare you disabled.
- Truth: In some cases, the doctor does not need to declare you disabled, but simply outline your injuries or condition.
- Myth: To qualify as disabled, you need to be bedridden or completely incapacitated.
- Truth: There are many types of disabilities that still allow applicants to be mobile and have some capacity to work.
- Myth: You need a single injury to be classified as disabled.
- Truth: A disability can stem from two or more minor injuries that cumulatively add up to a disability.
- Myth: You need to be completely unemployed and unemployable to be considered disabled.
- Truth: As a disabled person, you are still allowed to earn as much as $1200 a month through employment for 2010.
- Myth: You are working for a family member who is letting you take it easy, and therefore are not disabled.
- Truth: A family member or sympathetic employer who is allowing you to work a short shift, take breaks, or do less work than a typical employee may indicate that you are disabled.
If your disability is the result of an injury sustained in an accident or at work, we work with you on a personal injury or workers’ compensation claim. We also assist with Social Security Disability applications. If you are a Veteran, you may also be entitled to a VA Disability claim.
If you applied for Social Security Disability benefits and you were denied, we can assist you with filing a successful appeal. As an experienced Social Security Disability lawyer, Richard Thompson has a record of success securing benefits for people who have had their applications denied.
Contact our SSD claim attorney to schedule a CONSULTATION to discuss your application. 864-202-4601 Toll free: 800-769-0112
We DO NOT charge you any fees unless we secure SSD benefits for you.